bStats can collect and show data about your Bukkit/Spigot plugin. Including it into your plugin
is straight forward and done in a few seconds. You only have to copy the linked class, add it
to your plugin and create an instance of it in your onEnable() method. You can also use Maven
to automatically shade the Metrics class into your plugin. Click on "Include Metrics" to learn
how to include bStats into your plugin!
After adding bStats to your plugin you also have to create an account in order to register your plugin. You can manage your plugins with this account, e.g. adding customs graphs, etc.
By default, bStats sends the following data:
- - Your server's randomly generated UUID
- - The amount of players on your server
- - The online mode of your server
- - The bukkit version of your server
- - The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- - The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- - The version of your OS
- - The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- - The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- - bStats-supported plugins
- - Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
If you don't want that your server sends data to bStats you can disable it by setting enabled to false in the bStats config file. The config can be found in the /plugins/bStats/config.yml file. bStats has nearly no effect on your server's performance and the sent data is completely anonymous so please consider twice if you really want to disable it. Seeing that lot's of servers are using their plugin can keep plugin authors motivated and some of the data can also be used to improve their plugins.